This is the first activity for a new blog series, Good Day, Sunshine. These 10 activities, posted on Thursdays, will include fun learning to be enjoyed outdoors. Several of the activities use materials from The Dollar Tree because…can we just say it? That place has amazing stuff!
Fun. Learning. A healthy, cold snack. Let’s get this party started!
Here’s what you’ll need to make your kiddos’ grape-est dreams come true! I found the dry erase marker and mini cups at The Dollar Tree.
Here are some ideas:
1. Fiction Elements– When a cup is chosen, the child states that element about a book he or she has read. (e.g.-“The resolution in The Bike I Like is that the boy changes his bike back and is content with what he has.”)
2. Property Words– When a cup is chosen, the child finds something in the environment that fits that property. (e.g.-“The texture of the tree is rough.”)
3. Parts of Speech– When a cup is chosen, the child says a word that fits that part of speech. (e.g.-“Walking is a verb.”)
4. Spelling Words– When a cup is chosen, the student reads the word and says a sentence with that word. (e.g. “Shallow. The water on the beach is shallow.”)
5. Numbers– When a cup is chosen, the sky is the limit, depending on the math skill you’d like to review! 🙂 (e.g. What two numbers add together to equal 12? “9 plus 3.”)
Time to Play!
Follow this blog to get notice of the other Good Day, Sunshine activities as they post on Thursdays.
Find my children’s book, The Bike I Like, at RebeccaCedillo.com!
Automatic FREE SHIPPING on ALL ORDERS in April and May to celebrate Teacher Appreciation! 15 FREE lesson plans with the purchase of a book! Put both in your cart and use this discount code at checkout: teacher
My next book, Meeting Munchie, is expected to release November 2017! This book tells a story from two perspectives: one from my children, and the other from the plump squirrel who made a mess of our trash! Based on a true story. ❤ Check out this initial illustration by Alba Pegna.