This is the 2nd activity for a new blog series, Good Day, Sunshine. These 10 activities, posted on Thursdays, will include fun learning to be enjoyed outdoors.
Gather these two things for tic-tac-toe with a twist: sidewalk chalk and a water-filled spray bottle! We bought both at The Dollar Tree!
Here are some ideas to fill the squares:
- Numbers as Answers to Operations– Write sums and children have to come up with two addends to equal the sum. Write a difference and children have to come up with a minuend and subtrahend. Write products and the children have to come up with the multiplicand and multiplier. Good for math vocabulary practice, too!
- Numbers to be written in Expanded Form-572 would be written as 500+70+2.
- Character Names-Player must tell 3 traits of the character.
- Science Hunt-Player must find an item (leaf, dandelion, weed, grass at least 2 inches long, small rock, worm!) and put it on the square
- Names of Countries– Player must identify the country’s continent.
Time to Play!
The kids can spray down the used Tic-Tac-Toe board with a water hose, find another spot to play, and then go back to the sprayed spot once it dries. Play. Rinse. Repeat.
Follow this blog to get notice of the other Good Day, Sunshine activities as they post on Thursdays.
Automatic FREE SHIPPING on ALL ORDERS in April and May to celebrate Teacher Appreciation. 15 FREE lesson plans with the purchase of a book! Put both in your cart and use this discount code at checkout: teacher
My next book, Meeting Munchie, is expected to be ready for you November 2017!
My teacher friend, Rusty Weihe, read The Bike I Like to his class, and his students completed this bulletin board. Seeing the student work as an educator makes me do cartwheels inside!