This is the 4th activity for a new blog series, Good Day, Sunshine. These 10 activities, posted on Thursdays, will include fun learning to be enjoyed outdoors. (Although we will also include a few rainy day activities, like today!)
Rain clouds? Bring ’em on! I’ve got you covered with this indoor activity.
Swing by The Dollar Tree for these materials if you don’t have them yet: index cards, flashlight, batteries. Swing by your bookshelf (or my bookstore!) for a good read.
Here are some ideas:
1. Fiction Elements– Flash the light on fiction elements when you spot them in the book.
2. Non-Fiction Text Features– Flash the light on text features when you spot them.
3. Spelling Words-Spy a spelling word? Flash the light on the word when you see it.
4. Reading Strategies– Flash the light on the strategy you use while reading.
5. Bible Words– Flash the light on the words as you read them in your Bible.
Time to Chillax!
Follow this blog to get notice of the other Good Day, Sunshine activities as they post on Thursdays.
Automatic FREE SHIPPING on ALL ORDERS in April and May to celebrate all my teachers out there! 15 FREE lesson plans with the purchase of a book! Put both in your cart and use this discount code at checkout: teacher
My next book, Meeting Munchie, is expected to be ready for you November 2017! It is a story of two perspectives about a real squirrel with a huge appetite for our trash. See his character below, illustrated by Alba Pegna.